Friday, February 03, 2006

 

2nd week

well the end of my second week has brought a new class for me to start next week. i begin taking a yr 11 physics class (33 students!) that will be a bit of a handfull. hopefully they will break that class in half, cause there is no way that all 33 students can do all the pracs in a reasonable amount of time and space. not with a few misbehaving like they do every now and then.

as for my other class, i had the 11 maths a 3 times this week. one class was bad, i really didn't have the structure and flow that was needed. i overestimated their ability to work and already understand simple stuff like the volume and area of simple and compound shapes. at least my last class yesterday went well, i took them outside to measure car park spaces for an assignment they are having to hand in soon.

and the 9 math/science. holy cow what can i say. they terrify me somewhat. they're all great kids in the class, but together they choose to do stupid things to show off. some of the students would be better in separate classes. two of them are repeatedly in trouble with the hod for truanting, swearing, and just being plain stupid and affecting other people by their stupid actions. i'm not sure what will happen when i take them. we'll see.

Comments:
Personally I think it's very brave of you to be a teacher, High school kids are scary!!! (I know I was)
 
sometimes i wonder if i'm stupid for becoming a teacher. it still scares me, but the more i'm there in the middle of it, the more i think i really can help make a difference for some kids, and i get scared slightly less. that's the biggest thing that keeps me going.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?