Friday, March 24, 2006

 

9th week

only 2 weeks to go now. i'm going to miss this place. i feel like i belong here now, i'm going to miss the great staff in my staffroom, the kids in my classes and challenge of it all. i've referred students to heads of department, given probably still not quite enough detentions, made kids pick up rubbish and called their parents. they're starting to hate me because i make them do the right thing! lol! it looks like i'm almost a real teacher. and i'm going to get another go at those nines again next week, they're not going to beat me that easy. they'll have to put up with me teaching them for a lesson, and i aint gonna take no shit from them again. will report back next week after they've given me their best efforts at being rude to the new teacher.

Comments:
:) I hope the year 9's went well:) It is good that you felt you fit in there:)
 
much better than my last disaster with them. again it was last period of the day, and i had another teacher helping me. they were still one level noisier and more mischievous than with my supervisor, but i walked away having got many of them to do the work, and even had a bit of fun. so i would call it a success. i need to get voice coaching though. i have to be able to raise my voice to the point where i can interrrupt 20 individual conversations all at once and have the kids take notice. i just have to learn how to do that.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?